That is the primary focus of credit unions – and it is the story of how credit unions began. People pooled their money together so they could make loans to each other safely and fairly. Media City CU is awarding three $500 scholarships this year to students who have demonstrated this same philosophy – helping people and participating in their local communities.
College Scholarship – Requirements
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be or become a member
- Currently enrolled as a high school senior
- One letter of recommendation (see below)
- Verification of attending college, university, or trade school in the Fall of 2022
- Application – click here to apply
Letter of Recommendation Criteria
The applicant is required to submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a community leader who is familiar with the applicant’s participation in community activities.
- Cite specific examples which demonstrate the criteria listed below and add other items that may be of interest to the selection committee
- Characteristics such as personal responsibility, reliability and integrity
- Participation in community events; sensitivity to issues affecting their community
- Academic and/or vocational potential
Please include your relationship to the applicant, number of years you have known them, as well as contact information (phone number and email address if available) where you may be reached. Thank you for taking the time to support our youth.
Complete application must be submitted no later than April 30, 2022.
Letters may be sent to:
Media City Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
1020 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91506