Learn the fundamentals of 0% balance transfers. And decide if the Media City card is right for you.
If you've racked up debt on a high-interest credit card, transferring the balance to a card with a lower interest rate might be the answer. Here's the scoop on five things you need to know about balance transfers:
- Get a new card to pay the old. When you transfer the balance from a higher-interest credit card to one with a lower interest rate, you are, in essence, paying off credit card "A" with new credit card "B."
- Consolidating simplifies payments. Another reason to transfer balances to a single low-interest credit card is to simplify your financial life.
- Transfer other kinds of debt. It's not just balances from other credit cards that can be transferred. You may be able to move loans for cars, appliances, furniture and other monthly installment payments to a no-interest balance transfer credit card, using checks issued from MCCCU.
- Transfer rates expire. Our 0% transfer rate expires in 6 months, giving you enough time to wrap your arms around your balance to make it more manageable.
- Enjoy new purchases. The balance you transferred to the new card gets a free pass with a 0 percent interest rate and your new purchases on the card will stay at a fixed rate as low as 8.95%.
Apply for a 0% balance transfer today! Offered to members only for a limited time.
- Call (818) 238-2950
- Visit our branch